Gestalt Therapy is a mindfulness therapy that focuses on you in the here and now. It values your experiences in the present and looks at ways to transform old beliefs and behaviors to live a more authentic and present centered life.
Key Points About Gestalt Therapy:
- Values the mind/body connection
- Explores how you experience emotions and sensations in your body
- Expands emotional language for a deeper understanding of your narrative
- Looks at how we block our true emotions and how that leads to anxiety, depression and other stressors
- Acknowledges the impact our environments; work, home, play, have on our emotional, physical and spiritual well being.
- Values your ability to creatively adapt to situations
- Is a supportive, collaborative and non-judgmental therapy